Program on Hold
Our Poland program is currently on hold. We are not accepting new applications for Poland at this time.
Polish International Adoption
With nearly 22 years of experience with adoptions from Poland, our first Polish adoption was completed back in 2003!
Polish Adoption Agency
We are uniquely positioned to facilitate Polish adoptions because our president is Bulgarian born! Being from Eastern European gives her an advantage in understanding the Polish culture, customs, and values – which she then implements in the preparation of paperwork necessary for the adoption process.
Something to consider: Although Poland is open for international adoption, and we believe that our US Department of State is trying to work with Polish Authorities to improve its adoption process, we would like to warn anyone considering adopting from Poland that we have not seen much movement from there since 2018. At this time, we invite you to consider adopting a child from Bulgaria or Serbia.
If you are researching and would like to compare the most popular countries to adopt from, we’ve put together data for: Bulgaria, Ukraine, Latvia, China, Colombia, India, Haiti, Nigeria, and Poland. See all most popular countries here.
Polish Adoption Requirements?
- Age requirement: After 40, there is a 40 year difference.
- So a 45 year old qualifies to adopt a 5 year old, for example.
- 3 Years Marriage Requirement.
- Divorce is ok.
- Polish heritage is seen favorably.
- Income has to only meet CIS requirements.
What Child Can I Adopt?
Most children growing up in orphanages will not be in perfect health.
- Health and special needs may vary.
- Often times FAS, or suspicion of FAS, will be a part of the diagnosis provided by Poland.
- Historically referrals of young children (1-4) take around a year wait. However, Poland has been restructing its process and it has been slower since 2017.
How Long Will it Take?
Most people complete the adoption process anywehre between 1.5 and 3.5 years. Deciding factors that contribute to how quickly the process goes include:
- Your ability to complete paperwork quickly. Home Study and Dossier.
- The foreign country’s ability to match you with a child.
- Your own selection criteria of what child you’d be willing to adopt, including health and age characteristics.
Select a country that suits you. Find an accredited agency that has experience working with the country you like.
Wait on Polish Central Authority to propose a child that would match your family.
Choose to accept your child, and schedule your trip to go meet them. Read more.
Only 1 trip. It includes 3 weeks of bonding with child, a court date, an appeal period (Polish law), and Embassy appointment. Total stay in country could be 6 – 8 weeks. See one family’s trip here. See another family’s trip here.
Polish Adoption Cost
We have a very precise breakdown of the Polish adoption cost on our cost page below.
Our Experience with Polish Adoption
We’ve served our parents since 2001.
We wanted to share some of the work we had done in Poland over the years. We’re blessed how many Polish orphans were able to find their loving homes in the US!