Our first Polish adoption was completed back in 2003. Over 15 years of experience with Polish adoptions has been a huge help when it comes to serving our parents. Our acting agency president is Eastern European. Combine that with our many years of experience, and it makes it easier to help our parents succeed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I qualify?
- Age requirement: After 40, there is a 40 year difference.
- So a 45 year old qualifies to adopt a 5 year old, for example.
- 3 Years Marriage Requirement.
- Divorce is ok.
- Income has to only meet CIS requirement.
What Child Can I Adopt?
- Health and special needs may vary.
- Often times FAS, or suspicion of FAS, will be a part of the diagnosis provided by Poland.
- Historically referrals of young children (1-4) take around a year wait. However, Poland has been restructing its process and it has been slower since 2017.
How Can I Afford it?
- Fees are spread out as you move thru the process giving you time to manage the expense.
- We offer 6mo and 12mo Interest Free Payment Plans.
- We can help you with 3rd party low interest financing options. 5.99% APR over 60mo.
- We can help you with third party grants.
- Domestic fees are payable with a credit card vai PayPal.
- Adoption Tax Credit is nearly $14,000 per child adopted.
Polish Adoption Steps
Select a country that suits you. Find an agency that is good at working with the country you like.
Let agency help you prepare paperwork. Includes “Home Study” and “Dossier”.
Complete Home Study to get CIS Approval. Get “Apostilles” for all dossier documents, including CIS Approval.
Turn in complete dossier, including Home Study and CIS approval to Polish Central Authority.
Wait on Polish Central Authority to propose a child that would match your family.
Choose to accept your child.
Only 1 trip. It includes 3 weeks of bonding with child, a court date, an appeal period (Polish law), and Embassy appointment. Total stay in country could be 6 – 8 weeks.
A Friendly Warning
To the best of our knowledge, Poland does not have a “waiting child program”. It does not have any procedures in place that would expedite the adoption of special needs children, like Bulgaria does. Poland only recognizes you as a candidate after you’ve submitted your dossier and CIS approval to their Central Aurhority.
Also, our agency does not have a hosting program with Poland. It never has had such a program. As far as we know, we have not seen “hosting” or any similar wording described under Hague Adoption Law, nor anywhere under 22CFR96. Therefore, we are not aware of what laws govern these procedures.
Polish Adoption Cost
Poland Adoption Cost – Financing – Monthly Payments Available
|Fees Paid in US|
|Application||$300||Due with application|
|Agency Fee||$6,200||Payment plan available|
|IAAME Overseight Fee||$500||Per child – Payable to IAAME – Due w contract|
|Dossier Fee||$6,500||Due at your pace|
|Foreign Country Fees|
|Wire with Dossier||$1,000||Due with submission of dossier|
|In Country Fee (Wire)||$10,000||Due after you’ve accepted your child|
|Fee Due w Trip (Wire)||$8,000||Due when you go to Poland|
|Minus Adoption Tax Credit||($14,000)|
|Total After Tax Credit||$18,500|
Our Promise to You About Cost
In our 18 years of experience, we’ve never lead our client through the adoption process and ended up charging them any extra fees than what is documented above. Our fees are well documented and we’ve never had anything change on anyone whom we’ve served. No clients of our had ever paid any additional, or unforeseen fees. Therefore, we are comfortable to promise that our fees will not change. What we list above is what you can expect. 100%.
Serving Our Families
Below, we’d like to share some stories of our parents whom we’ve been blessed to serve with their Polish adoptions. To us, the parents are the true heroes. We hope these stories will encourage you.
Polish Adoptive Family Homecoming!
Family brings their Polish daughter to our office
Celebrating 6 Years of being Home from Poland!
Adoptive Dad Interview in Our Office
Our Blog with Polish Stories