Paperwork for Additional Household Member

What to Do for an Additional Household Member?

For your mom, you would have to make sure that she does the following: 

Medical Forms. Both of them, notarized and apostilled. 

FBI Clearance.  She’ll get fingerprinted and send the fingerprints to FBI in VA to get the results.  Then apostille them at the DOS.  Same as you. 

Local Police Clearance.  This is for the home study, so it does not need to be apostilled.  But the Social Worker will need this in order to include it in the home study. 

Child Abuse Clearances for each state and foreign country where she resided since her 18th birthday. 

Interviews with her – for the home study. 


Bulgaria Adoption

Poland Adoption

Home Study Info

Home Studies for Expats